‘I REGRET TAKING SUCH GOOD CARE OF MY SKIN’
– SAID NO ONE, EVER.
Skin is truly the multi tasker of the body. It’s the largest organ of the body and protects the rest of your body from germs and infection, pollution and chemical substances and helps to regulate your temperature.
It makes sense that good skin not only looks fabulous it’s good for your health. So how do you achieve healthy clear skin? Well, it’s a combination of living a healthy lifestyle, using good quality skincare (like Rustic Hyde!) and taking care of your mental wellbeing.
Be kind to yourself
What we think is just as important as what we put on our skin. Stress can create havoc for your skin, just ask any student completing their final exams (aaaaggghhhhh – no thanks) or anyone working towards a deadline. Keeping yourself calm and centred is super important, so do what works for you – yoga, a walk in the park, through the country or along the beach, and exercising mindfulness and gratitude helps create a positive sense of being. There’s a bunch of apps that are really good too – try Smiling Mind, Calm, Mindfulness, Headspace.
Taking the time to care for you skin shows care for self. A declaration of ‘I am worthy, I am valued and I am loved’. Looking after your skin is a positive boost to your wellbeing.
Eat, play, sleep
Eat well and move your body. Apart from being a great mantra, this is excellent advice for great skin. Eating simple good food is just as important as what you put on your skin. And what’s not to love about mangoes, tomatoes, olive oil and green tea, fish and kale (ok some may find this hard to love!).
Exercise adds a lustre to your skin by pumping more oxygen to cells. You don’t need to run a marathon just add some more walking into your day. Drinking plenty of water to stay hydrated – also helps to keep your skin plump and gorgeous. And don’t forget sleep! – a very underestimated ingredient that most people don’t get enough of. Sleep not only helps us feel rejuvenated and function better but also has the same effect on our skin.
Get regular health check ups. It goes without saying this is a good idea…..but it really is a good idea! And finally, smoking is terrible for the state of your skin. It dries your skin out, creates wrinkles around your mouth and a mountain of problems internally. If you can quit, do it. It’s will be a loving gift to yourself, friends and family.
Skin care. Skin love. Skin thanks.
Daily natural skin care with Rustic Hyde
• Wake up – shower using something subtle, but cleansing, for the skin
• Cleanse and tone skin
• Apply eye cream to delicate area around the eyes using a dabbing/patting motion
• Apply moisturizer to face & ‘decolletage’ (sounding like a great southern lady from Alabama whilst doing so!)
• Finally apply your make up over moisturizer – and of course don’t forget to brush your teeth and get dressed for the day too 😉
Then, most importantly, get on with your day 😉
• Wash away the sins of the day! Our skin, like our body, does its best renewing & repairing work overnight
• Cleanse your skin and remove make-up and mascara
• Tone or hydrate
• Moisturise – face, delicate eye area & neck/chest (décolletage if you don’t mind – again, great word!) choose an antioxidant moisturiser and/or oil rich in vitamins A,B3,C & E such as Rustic Hyde antioxidant face cream and/or Coq10 & rosehip complex oil. This helps keep skin cells healthy and nourished, fight free radical damage & prevent premature ageing.
• Exfoliate – twice weekly in the shower is easiest simply massage it into your face and wash off letting the Rustic Hyde bamboo granules gently do their work. This helps to remove dead skin cells that build up and keeps the skin glowing
• SPF – we live in a sunburnt country – take care and apply regularly. Living in Australia we can’t avoid the sun and we’re lucky to have so much of it, but it’s best to protect yourself with SPF, a hat and sunglasses. The damage caused by sun exposure is said to account for 90% of premature ageing so a good quality sunscreen could almost be considered one of the best anti ageing products around.
• Hydrate – use of a hydration mist throughout the day to maintain hydration (doh!). Use before & after exercise, time in the sun, working in air-con, in fact anytime. And can be used over make-up. Simply close your eyes and spray the mist directly onto the face, letting the fine spray mist dry naturally. On hot days place your mist in the fridge for an extra lively ‘spritz’!
• Detoxify – use of a face mask can help remove impurities
• Relax and regroup!
Final words of wisdom…
Where possible use natural products – about 60% of what you put on your body moves through the skins barrier to be absorbed by your body. Enough said – make it natural… and dare we put a plug in for ourselves here… Australian made with botanical superfoods and antioxidants with Rustic Hyde 😉
Your skin will thank you.
Ps: This is just the drill! If you wanted to know more about specific products please let us know and peruse (don’t you love that word!) the website.